In the shop: A look at our winter wreath workshop

Oh my goodness, I am really enjoying running workshops in the store!  I taught three winter wreath workshops over the past month.  This class is fun- it is messy and crazy and a tight squeeze with people and product, but a lot of fun!  The very best part is how I give everyone the same lesson and the same ingredients, but I tell them to run with it and make their own artistic visions.  And that is exactly what they do!  No two wreaths were the same. This last class two of the students brought in pieces they wanted to add in to their wreaths, one brought a large pair of old fashioned snow shoes, with the intention of using them with the wreath on his cottage door for the holidays, and another brought in a very cute "owl" that we mounted into the wreath quite nicely.

winter wreath class at Periwinklewinter wreath class at periwinkle
 As you can see, the tables were filled with winter greens and branches for the class.

 The very sweet Amy ( who made a fantastic wreath too but i missed getting a photo of) with her grandmother Betty and her adorable wreath with owl.

 It was so great to have Dana attend the class, I  worked on the flowers for her wedding four years ago.

 I made Robert promise to send me a photo of his fantastic wreath mounted on snow shoes once he gets it on his cottage doors.

 I love the wildness of Zane's beautiful piece.

 I love how Susan put her wreath together,  she instagrammed a photo later showing it on her wall with a cool white ceramic staghead in the center, so awesome!

 Check out the lovely Laurie's wild piece- isn't it fab?

And this lovely lady, Alana, announced at the beginning of the class that she was pretty sure she would be "terrible" at wreath making, then proceeded to put together this gorgeous piece!

So much fun!  I currently have one more workshop set for January 17th, we will be creating succulent terrariums.  There are still a few spots open for that one if you are interested. And I am working on planning out our next set of classes for winter into spring, the best way to keep up to date on them is sign up for our newsletter- subscribers get $5 off classes plus always hear about them first!

Comments

Popular Posts